How Do You Properly Season A Quartz and Titanium Nail?
Unless you’re a fan of harsh dabs, you’ll avoid seasoning your nails. When you just buy a titanium or quartz nail, it’s very important that you do this. Thankfully, seasoning them is as easy as 1,2,3. Let’s run through how you can do this below.
Why Should You Season A Nail?
Titanium nails are one of the best out there. However, they give off a rusty taste. This isn’t a surprise as they’re made from metal. Seasoning your nail would drastically reduce this taste, and any ‘factory’ flavor it gives off.
Without seasoning, quartz nails have a pretty odd taste as well. You definitely don’t want to taste it.
The two nails are not cheap. When you season them, you’re opening pores and getting rid of impurities as well. This lets them last longer. More importantly, unwanted polish a manufacturer may have added is removed.
Unfortunately, seasoning a nail is not a one-time thing. You’ll have to do it over and over again, until the nail is porous. Let’s talk about how you do this below.
How Do You Season A Titanium Nail?
- · Insert your nail onto your rig.
- · Gradually heat it to 500 F. Hold the temperature for a couple of seconds.
- · Cool your nail down for 15-20 seconds.
- · With your dabber, place your oil extract over the nail’s insides.
- · Let it cool and repeat 3-5 times.
There’s another method too. It’s much easier.
- · Heat your oven to 400 F.
- · Coat your nail in an oil extract.
- · Place the nail in the oven in the upright position
- · Heat it for 20 minutes.
How Do you Season A Quartz Nail?
- · Insert your banger onto your rig.
- · Gradually heat it to 450-600 F.
- · Let it cool for around 10 seconds.
- · Coat its insides with your oil.
- · Repeat 3-5 times.
Although the oven method was easy, you can’t use it when seasoning quartz bangers.
What Should You Avoid?
There are a couple of mistakes you could make. We’re not shy to say that we made these mistakes when we were rookies.
Don’t Heat Your Nails Too Hot
Don’t go above the temperatures mentioned. This’ll weaken your nails over time, flushing the cash you spent on them down drain.
Don’t Heat Your Nails Unevenly
When you heat your nail, you’re looking to open its pores. As you can imagine, you won’t be opening all of them if you continue to heat the same spot.
What Do You Think?
Whether you like it or not, seasoning your nails is a must. This prevents you from having a harsh dabbing experience, which no one wants. The best thing is, it’s seriously easy to do.