I'm sure you have heard of dab nails or bangers before, so what are quartz bangers? In this article, we will dive into what quartz bangers are, why you will enjoy them, and how they are different from other material and style bangers.
So what exactly is a quartz bangle? A quartz bangle is a dab nail attachment made from high-quality quartz crystal. This material is heat-resistant and shock-absorbent, making it a durable option for dabbing.
Quartz bangers come in a number of varieties and styles these days. For a newbie, you may want something easy; for a daily dabber, you may want something a little more unique for the sesh; regardless, there are a ton of options out there.
- Traditional Bucket Bangers: Bucket-style bangers are one of the most commonly known bangers. It features a simple joint, a neck, and a bucket-style bottom.
- Terp Slurpers: Terp Slurpers bangers are growing in popularity. These bangers are typically featured with a dab marble insert set for maximum vaporization and heat distribution.
- Stacked Bangers: These style bangers are built with a knot in the middle; this allows you to handle big, hot dabs with ease, and carb caps are not required. The Honey Stax from Honeybee Herb is a perfect example of this.
You will love using quartz nails. Aside from the powerful, clean flavors quartz allows you to taste, quartz is also super easy to clean and has better heat retention and shock absorption. It is a durable, translucent option that allows you to see and can handle the biggest of dabs.
Quartz is not the only material out there for bangers. Bangers come in titanium nails, glass nails, and ceramic nails. Different materials have different qualities and different price points.
There is a good deal of difference between Quartz Bangers & Glass Bangers. Some bangers are made from borosilicate glass instead of quality quartz crystals. This is a more Fragile and cheaper material. You can typically find glass bangers anywhere and at low cost.
|Quartz Bangers||Glass Bangers|
|Heat and shock absorption||Less heat resistant|
Quartz Nails and Titanium Nails are both great durable options for dabbing. Titanium, however, has to be seasoned before use, and quartz does not. This is so there is no metallic flavor or difference in taste.
|Quartz Bangers||Titanium Bangers|
|Cleaner taste||Holds heat longer|
|Can be used immediately||Has to be seasoned|
Ceramic bangers are considered to be more fragile. Although they are easy to clean and have a tasty flavor similar to quartz, their durability is not as strong.
|Quartz Bangers||Ceramic Bangers|
|More durable||Easier to break|
|Solid heat retention||Tasty flavor|
When looking at different Quartz Bangers you always want to account for certain things. What is going to be the best for your buck, compatible with your other dab accessories, and at the end of the day, everything you are wanting?
- Material Quality: This affects the durability, flavor, and overall cost of your banger.
- Thickness: The thickness of your banger can alter your heating times and heat retention. Thicker bangers tend to have better heat retention but take longer to heat vs thinner bangers.
- Size and Compatibility: You always want to make sure the size of your banger is compatible with the rig you are going to be smoking out of.
- Design And Style: Design and style are all up to you. Whether you like big dabs or small dabs, or if you prefer something eye-catching or simple, there are tons of options available.
- Gender: You always, just like size, want to make sure the gender of your joint matches the gender of your rig. This ensures a good seal and a tight fit.
All in all, quartz is a great material banger to have in your collection of dabbing essentials. Although, at the end of the day, it is personal preference, quartz is a high-quality, cost-effective option for beginners or pros.